Dear Heart Smart Friend,
Every 39 seconds, an American dies from heart disease or stroke.
In fact, cardiovascular disease is the #1 killer stalking the world.
Mainstream medicine has lots of solutions…but they can be risky, creating other serious health problems…
…angioplasty (a thin balloon is inflated in your narrowed artery to crush plaque deposits) can actually trigger your heart attack...
…a study on stents (a device that props open blocked arteries) was abruptly halted when it was found that those who received the stents actually suffered twice as many strokes…
…Statin drugs (prescribed to lower cholesterol) may increase your risk for diabetes and may cause permanent liver damage, muscle pain, nausea, gas, diarrhea or constipation.
Is there a safe, proven solution that won’t attack your liver, cause pain or add other risks of disease and death? Yes!
The American Medical Association and American Heart Association agree: There is an easy way to lower cholesterol 20-30%, drop your blood pressure, and lose weight.
In fact, no pharmaceutical company can make this claim!
Get started with just 6 bites of this delicious nutrition bar.
I’ll explain in a minute.
Hi. My name is Rob Leighton.
In 2005, I was 47 years old, with a wife and children I loved. I wanted to protect and care for my family, and had applied for life insurance. I was told:
My total cholesterol level was 251mg/dl…dangerously high.
My LDL (the bad cholesterol) was 174mg/dl…dangerously high.
My HDL (the good cholesterol) was 61mg/dl...good, but not good enough.
And yes, I was also about 25 pounds overweight.
Suddenly I was a candidate for cholesterol-lowering medications. Statin drugs.
Save Your Life ALERT
Are you at risk this minute?
Want an easy way to know if your cholesterol levels are healthy?
Cardiologist Richard Collins, coauthor of The Kardea Gourmet, recommends total cholesterol should be no more than 100 plus your age.
So if you’re 25, your cholesterol should be 125. If you’re 50, your cholesterol should be 150. Sounds odd? Here’s the truth: plaque builds over many years. Keeping your cholesterol low when you’re younger can slow or prevent plaque from building into a silent killer.
When I got my life-threatening results, I immediately went looking for solid, science-based information that would explain exactly what was happening and what I could do to save my life:
- I HAD to lower my cholesterol and cut my chances of a heart attack or stroke.
- I did NOT want to take statin drugs for the rest of my life or have any kind of surgery.
The good news: I uncovered LOTS of information.
The bad news: It was all confusing and conflicting. Much of it was simply ridiculous. Most of it was intended to scare me into buying a product or stay on expensive and potentially dangerous prescription medication. It was useless.
Are you afraid of statin drugs? I was.
When tests revealed I had dangerously high levels of cholesterol, a life-long dependency on statin drugs was an option I feared. Why?
In a September 2010 article in AARP, Dr. Mehmet Oz said, Statins are quite effective at clearing lousy cholesterol — LDL — from the bloodstream. But statin therapy alone does little to raise heart-protecting cholesterol — HDL — and comes with its own risks, including severe muscle pain and a 9 percent increase in the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Many of my patients have reduced their cholesterol levels (and blood-sugar levels) without the use of drugs…a healthy lifestyle is the best way to fortify your heart.
I thought I WAS living a healthy lifestyle…but my cholesterol numbers said, “NO!”
A life that revolves around a bunch of pills is no life at all…but where was the better, safer solution with guaranteed results?
This was my life, and my family and I deserved better answers. So do you.
Fortunately, I found Richard Collins, M.D., also known as The Cooking Cardiologist. He shared a similar philosophy about heart health as well as a similar concern about the lack of solid, meaningful and easy to understand heart-health information.
Have You Heard About Cardiometabolic Health
Cardiometabolic is a hot topic in anti-aging research and the fight against the ravages of heart disease, diabetes and dementia.
It starts with keeping the arteries healthy and young - even as you grow older. That’s what managing cholesterol, blood pressure and inflammation is all about, keeping the arteries healthy.
In 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control reported that 45 percent of adult Americans have high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes. The challenge runs deeper!
Millions of Americans, young and old alike, find themselves at pre-disease levels for blood sugars, blood pressure or cholesterol. This is a clear, present and preventable danger.
Dr. George Bakris, director of the Hypertension Center at the University of Chicago, put it this way: ‘If you have pre-diabetes, it’s the fire, and pre-hypertension is the gasoline that’s added to the fire.” Add even somewhat elevated LDL cholesterol – below the point where medication may be indicated but above the levels considered optimal - and the fire can rage.
The Kardea Heart Smart Solution helps you journey to optimal levels for each of these risk factors.
Frustrated by all the medical half-truths, Dr Collins and I began writing the best book on heart health combining the National Institute of Health (NIH) Gold standard recommendations and the best of science and nutrition with recipes that help heal your heart and make your taste buds sing.
It would separate fact from fiction,
It would separate real science from hype and snake oil,
It would be a true healing resource.
Most important, this book would include the latest research emerging in nutritional science, including plant-based diets, fiber, healthful fats and Omega-3s, antioxidants and plant sterols.
And here’s the biggest bonus: It would not be built on the concept of deprivation. Foods would not be the enemy. Food, delicious and varied, would be our ally!
After seeking out all the original research on cardiovascular health, reviewing hundreds of studies and collaborating with the nation’s top doctors and dieticians/nutritionists, that’s exactly what we accomplished! And 2 years later, The Kardea Gourmet was born.
Health Secret #1: You’re going to lose weight!
I lost 20 pounds, never missed a meal or felt deprived, and still relish every mouthful, every day.
You will, too! Smart and delicious eating for a healthy heart =
healthy weight, too.
Are you ready to discover the heart-healthy, disease-fighting secrets proven to lower cholesterol from “high-risk” to “healthy,” cut the risk of heart attack, better balance your blood sugar levels and melt away 20+ pounds of body fat?
Sound too good to be true?
Well, my friend, it IS true…here are my personal results to prove it!
|Using every secret you'll discover in
The Kardea Gourmet, I've reduced my risk of
heart attack 25% and will soon reach my personal health goal!
Get started on your journey to Heart Health today!
|Before Kardea||After Kardea||Heart Health Victory!|
|Weight||207||187||Impressive, and still dropping!|
|Total Cholesterol||251||192||Down 23%...now "desirable"|
|LDL Cholesterol||171||124||Down 27%...nearly "optimal"|
|HDL Cholesterol||61||63||Up 3%...Healthy!|
|Blood Pressure||125 / 80||112 / 65||Good just got much better!|
You’ll discover every secret and every health discovery I used – backed by over 147 scientific studies – in The Kardea Gourmet.
Even more important…you’ll discover your own, personal heart-health solution.
Save Your Life ALERT
Still not sure if you, or someone you love, is in danger? If you have one or more of these conditions, you MUST read The Kardea Gourmet today:
- You have high levels of LDL (the “bad” cholesterol).
- You have low levels of HDL (the “good” cholesterol).
- You have a family history of heart disease.
- You’ve been diagnosed with extensive plaque.
- You have high blood pressure.
- You’re overweight, mostly around your waistline.
- Your blood sugar levels are high.
- You have diabetes.
- You smoke.
- You don’t exercise.
- For women: you are post-menopause.
- Please read The Kardea Gourmet to learn about other risk factors your doctor might not be considering.
The Kardea Gourmet may be the most important book you’ll ever read on heart-health.
No science-speak (I leave that kind of confusing talk to your doctor).
Every section is a comfortable conversation that answers your most important questions and guides you to a natural, delicious solution for heart-health guaranteed to work for YOU.
Health Secret #2: Antioxidants
Antioxidants are important disease fighting compounds. They keep inflammation in check…which keeps the development of heart-stopping plaque in check
Spices are antioxidant powerhouses, delivering all the protection without the calories or sugar: Just 1 teaspoon of oregano or rosemary delivers as much antioxidant capacity as ½ cup of berries or broccoli.
You’ll find a complete list of the world’s most powerful spices and their antioxidant levels in your free gift, Mediterranean Spice Blends, The Forgotten Ingredients of a Heart Healthy Diet.
Section#1: Understand Your Risks
- Should you be on a low fat diet? A high protein diet? A low carbohydrate diet? These are dangerous questions that have caused real harm by making us fatter every year and not a bit healthier! Here’s the solution that will give you a healthy heart and a smaller waistline. (page 11)
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has stated that a “what’s on your plate” approach to cholesterol management can be comparable to many cholesterol medications AND achieve blood pressure reductions similar to drug therapies. But does it all taste like sawdust? NO! Here’s how to make every meal delicious and heart-healthy. (page 14)
- Your doctor has told you “it’s all about your plaque.” She’s ready to run a bunch of tests. STOP AND READ THIS FIRST! Not all plaque is the same…or as potentially deadly. Here are the 4 factors you must insist your doctor test for now to identify if your arteries are harboring life-threatening plaque. (page 31)
- If you have low cholesterol levels and this condition, you’re still at high-risk for heart disease. You MUST request this blood test. (page 39)
- Think your HDL and LDL cholesterol levels are all you need to worry about? Think again! If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, you may be at risk for Metabolic Syndrome…and increased risk for diabetes, heart attack and stroke. Here are the danger signs. (page 46)
- FOR WOMEN ONLY: With any stress test (EKG), always insist on THIS test, too. Otherwise, your results may be useless. (page 50)
- Your doctor wants you to have the Coronary Calcium Scan. What is it? Is it painful? Does it even provide meaningful information? Here’s your answer. (page 56)
- And much more!
Health Secret #3: You don’t have to go vegan.
In The Kardea Gourmet, you will learn about the NEW BALANCE, one that lets you strike your healthy balance between the nutrients that help with the foods that we love (but do not love us back)!
Save Your Life Alert for Women Only
Please, if you read nothing else in my letter today, READ THIS.
IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE.
The Biggest Heart Health Myth that Kills Women Every Day:
The MYTH: The pain is in my arm, not my chest, so I don’t have to worry.
The Save Your Life TRUTH: A woman suffering a heart attack does not always have the same symptoms as men do. Men usually have heaviness in the LEFT side of their chest (like an elephant is sitting on top of them). It can be accompanied by pain down the LEFT arm or up the neck, sweating and shortness of breath.
Women can have these same symptoms…but many women DO NOT HAVE ANY CHEST PAIN AT ALL.
Here are the signs of heart attack in women. Call 911 or see your doctor immediately.
- Jaw pain
- Arm pain
- Back pain
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Sleep problems*
- Shortness of breath*
- Unusual fatigue/exhaustion*
Section#2: The Power of Heart Healthy Nutrition
- Lower cholesterol by up to 14% with the ingredients in THIS delicious nutrition bar? Dr. OZ says “yes!” The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) says “yes!” Here’s why. (page 86)
- Here is what Dr. Oz is saying: “Of all the risk factors for cardiovascular disease, high blood cholesterol takes the cake. Even the slightest elevation of certain types of cholesterol can put blood vessels at risk for dangerous and sometimes deadly narrowing.
- Dr. Oz recommends: “Using adequate levels of plant-sterol every day could knock down your lousy LDL cholesterol by 14%.....” Here’s a delicious, fun way to get plant sterols working for YOU. (page 84)
- Dr. Dean Ornish and Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn Jr., have stated that a plant-based diet can prevent and, in some cases, actually reverse heart disease. Afraid you’ll be suffering with kale and oats at every meal…while everyone else is eating delicious food? Absolutely not! The Kardea Gourmet makes heart-healthy living delicious. (page 80)
- Mediterranean diet, China diet, Asian diet….you might be surprised that none of these popular “diet” solutions are right for you! Discover what WILL work. (page 78).
- After quadruple by-pass heart surgery, and then a second surgery when 2 stents became “pretty bent and ugly,” Former President Bill Clinton was heading for death. He’s now on a vegan diet. What does that mean for your heart, and is it right for you? Find out here. (page 80)
- Omega-3s are all the rage! But only the right Omega-3 will reduce your risk of a cardiovascular disaster by 18-20%. Don’t let the supplement and fortified foods fool you. Here’s what you need to know PLUS target levels that work. (page 90)
- Fiber, fiber, fiber. Not all fiber reduces cholesterol. Don’t get bloated…get healthy with THIS. (page 87)
- The “411” on Niacin. (page 94)
- Skip salting your pasta and rice waters
- Don’t add salt to meat marinades ― this dries out the meat.
- Low Vitamin D levels have been associated with dangerous conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes, metabolic syndrome and increases in strokes and congestive heart failure. How much do you really need to protect your health? Find out here. (page 105)
- Confused by all the different diets out there? Don’t be! Dr. Collins explains 7 simple, easy things you can do right now to lose weight and protect your heart. (page 123)
- And much more!
Health Secret #5: Cooking schools scandalized!
We’re a friendly group here at Kardea. But traditional schools of cooking aren’t too happy with us. Why?
Here are two easy things you can do right now to reduce salt (and your taste buds will never notice):
Section#3: Food, glorious food. Let’s eat!
I LOVE food. In fact, I believe every bite we enjoy enriches our health and our lives. That’s why The Kardea Gourmet is the first heart-healthy book that includes recipes you and every member of your family will love. Here’s a taste:
- Where’s the beef? Right here, my friends! I’m an omnivore and love the flavors, textures and aromas of meats and fish, cheese and eggs. So I asked Dr. Collins to work with me to develop family-favorite & heart-healthy recipes for:
- Vegetable Bourguignon with Beef (as magnificent as Julia Child’s and healthier)
- Shrimp with Walnut Pesto and Vegetables
- Kefta Kebob with Spiced Meat and Beans (like a hamburger, but better!)
- Citrus Lime Snapper with Roasted Corn and Black beans
- Zested Scallops with Vermouth and Wilted Greens
- And many more!
- Where can you find the most potent antioxidants? The answer is sitting right in your spice cabinet. But not all spices are created equal. Just ½ teaspoon of THESE spices taste fantastic AND give you a powerful level of antioxidant protection. (page 131)
- Love cheese? So do I! Dr. Collins shares 4 tips on how to be heart-healthy and still enjoy cheese. (page 138)
- Running out the door in the morning on an empty stomach? Grab THESE: high in heart-healthy nutrients and a great combination of complex carbohydrates ― tasty, too! (page 142)
- What about chocolate? Here are the top 3 things you must know to balance chocolate and heart-healthy eating. Go ahead…enjoy! (page 144)
- Is raw the best way to eat vegetables? Sometimes yes, and sometimes no! In fact, cooking can actually increase the levels of plant sterols that block cholesterol. Find out which foods pack the most punch and the right way to cook them. (page 153)
- Over 83 heart-healthy, delicious tips and secrets!
Knowledge changes your life. Food saves it. Kardea combines both and makes every bite delicious!
Health Secret #6: Natural supplement ALERT!
But beware! Red yeast rice supplements can cause the same side effects as a statin drug.
Find out more valuable information in your free gift, The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart.
2 FREE Bonus Reports worth nearly $40!
Not available in print or in any store, these exclusive reports are hot off the presses of the Kardea Heart Health Library.
Originally intended for release in Fall 2012 as part of the Kardea Heart Health Library ― these Reports contain information that is simply too important for your health to wait!
They’re my gifts to you when you order your copy of The Kardea Gourmet today.
Important complements to the ground-breaking book, The Kardea Gourmet, both gift Reports are packed with information you must have NOW. You’ll discover:
FREE Gift #1:
The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart
Nutrients are a big business. Billions of dollars are spent each year on pills, capsules, and increasingly the “better-for-you” foods and those all-powerful grocery store super foods.
In October 2011, The Hudson Institute released their Obesity Solutions Initiative in which they focused on Better-For-You (BFY) foods and beverages to determine if the food industry would be better served financially by offering foods labeled as “healthy
The answer won’t surprise you. They concluded, “Placing more emphasis on selling BFY foods and beverages is an effective pathway to improved sales, profits, shareholder returns, and reputation.”
Hmmm. What about an effective pathway to your health?
But before you buy, ask yourself:
- How much of this is simply money-making hype?
- Which have strong scientific endorsements?
And most importantly…..
What nutrients do YOU really need for
YOUR heart health?
That’s why The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart is our free gift to you today. You’ll discover:
- Which of the 9 top heart-healthy nutrients are right for you…and why!
- How to use these nutrients to get real, measurable results
- Plus, best places to find the nutrients you need
- Lower cholesterol 20% or more starting with the nutrients found in just 6 bites of THIS delicious nutrition bar.
- Plant sterols have been shown to reduce LDL (bad) cholesterol by as much as 14%, and the National Institutes of Health (NIH) recommends 2-3 grams per day for cholesterol-fighting efficiency. Where can you find reliable sources of plant sterols? A list of foods fortified with plant sterols is in the pages of your free gift, The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart.
- Omega-3s are all the rage! But only EPA and DHA will reduce your risk of a cardiovascular disaster by 18-20%. What’s the best source? Fish! A chart of the Omega-3 levels in fish is included in a special section of your free gift Report.
- And much more!
This huge Report will speed you to your heart-health destination. How? It’s all about Mother Nature’s most potent antioxidants: spices.
But I promise more than that! You’re about to take a delicious, sensuous journey.
You don’t often hear “delicious” and “sensuous” associated with heart health, but that’s what The Kardea Gourmet is all about: a journey into a heart healthy lifestyle that finds its inspiration in a love of food, desire to keep things natural, belief in science, and a passion for vital living.
Health Secret #8: Muscles aching or painful?
It may be your heart.
If you’re taking statin drugs or even red yeast rice supplements, you may be lowering your cholesterol. But you may also be jeopardizing your heart health because those same solutions also lower an important antioxidant: CoQ10.
If you have muscle pain and cramping, taking CoQ10 may help. A study in which patients with statin-related symptoms took 100mg of CoQ10 revealed pain intensity decreased by 40%.
Kardea is your heart-health advocate! You’ll discover more supplement facts and alerts in your free gift, The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart.
Join me as we reveal the mysteries and healing power of spices...
and enjoy over 40 everyday, heart healthy recipes.
Many of us think “France” when we think of great food.. You’ll enjoy this recipe for a classic Fine Herb Blend that many love. It includes tarragon, parsley, chives, thyme…and one ingredient that will surprise you! The antioxidant power in one teaspoon = ½ glass of orange juice.
Over time, herbs and spices lose their intensity. If you have spices that have been around for a year or more, it’s time to start fresh. Here’s what you should buy to restock your spice cabinet.
Simply smelling the 9 ingredients in the Classic Mediterranean Blend will make you think of glorious sunlight and slow, healthy meals full of laughter and love. The antioxidant power in one teaspoon = ½ cup of blackberries
Combining specific spices has shown a cumulative positive effect on blood lipids and arterial health. Your free Report includes recipes for the 5 spice blends that pack great taste and super antioxidant protection.
The North African Spice Blend superbly blends sweet and savory spices to create full-flavored main dishes or delicious sides and combines the tradition of European, Arabic and African cultures. Your taste buds are in for a true treat! The antioxidant power in one teaspoon = 2/3 cup of blueberries.
On my own journey to naturally lower cholesterol and improve my heart health without sacrificing taste, I discovered that adding specific spices to every meal actually helped me break free of my old, unhealthy eating habits. My cholesterol levels dropped…and so did my waistline!
The Phoenician Spice Blend is the culinary tradition that binds Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Israel and Palestine. The antioxidant power in one teaspoon = 1 glass of red wine.
Welcome to The Silk Road! The Trade Routes “Sweet” Spice contains two of Mother Nature’s most potent antioxidants. The antioxidant power in one teaspoon = ½ cup of cranberries.
Plus, Over 40 recipes and 30 cooking tips and secrets!
The Kardea Gourmet is the new Gold Standard
for heart health.
It’s your #1 source for lowering cholesterol from “high-risk” to “healthy,” sharply cut your risk of heart attack, balancing your blood sugar levels and melting away body fat.
All without drugs or surgery…
…with results starting as fast as 2-4 weeks.
Over 200 pages long.
Facts supported by over 147 scientific studies.
Results supported by cardiologists and other MDs, scientists, diabetes health educations and dietitians, The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the National Institutes of Health (NIH), American Journal of Cardiology, and too many more to list!
Co-written by Dr. Richard Collins, a cardiologist affectionately referred to as “The Cooking Cardiologist.”
The Kardea Gourmet belongs in your library, your kitchen and your home and is a powerful resource to use in conversations with your own doctor or cardiologist.
It’s not available in any store and your free gift Reports will NEVER be available in any store. They’re only available right now, right here.
If you’re ready to live a slimmer, longer, more vibrant life while taking control of your risks for heart disease, stroke or diabetes, you must have The Kardea Gourmet and your two free gift Reports TODAY!
YES!Rush my copy of The Kardea Gourmet plus all my FREE gifts! I’m ready to revitalize my heart
lower my cholesterol and live strong!
The Heart Smart Solution Deal:
$41.35 Only $19.95! You save $21.40 (no shipping charges!)
- The acclaimed e-book version of The Kardea Gourmet –
download it instantly today!
- Free Gift Report #1: instantly download your copy of The Top Nutrients for Your Healthy Heart
- Free Gift Report #2: instantly download your copy of Mediterranean Spice Blends, The Forgotten Ingredients of a Heart Healthy Diet
The KARDEA MONEY BACK GUARANTEE:
I remember how it felt to look at my lab report and read: Cholesterol levels dangerously high.
And then when I considered a lifetime of statin drugs…and all the possible side-effects…my heart sank.
That’s why The Kardea Gourmet was born. So you and I would have a safe, natural solution for lowering cholesterol without drugs or surgery. I added “delicious” because I love food!
So, here’s my no-hassle, money-back guarantee to you: Read The Kardea Gourmet. Savor some of the recipes. Experiment with spices. If you still aren’t ready to take control of your health, return the book within 30-days and you’ll get 100% of your money back.
Please, keep the special Reports. They’re my gift to you no matter what you decide!
If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Service team at CustomerService@KardeaNutrition.com or call (203) 287-8735.
All information presented is general in nature and not meant as a substitute for direct consultation with your physician.
Please always check with your physician prior to starting any diet, exercise or nutritional supplementation regimen.